Brian Zeider was a chemistry and biology double major from IU South Bend. He received his PhD in biochemistry from Western Michigan University in metalloprotein biochemistry and started his post-doctoral studies before his untimely passing. At IU South Bend, Brian is remembered for his willingness to help others, his penchant for travel, and his diligence and perseverance. Brian engaged in undergraduate research at IU South Bend and summer research at the Ohio State University before applying for PhD programs.
Scholarships will be a minimum of $1,000 per recipient, for one year. Scholarship recipients may reapply. The number, amount, and recipient(s) of the Scholarship will be determined by The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry. The Scholarship may be applied toward tuition in the upcoming academic year. To apply, please send an email to Dr. Gretchen Anderson (firstname.lastname@example.org), and include your name, student number, and description in 500 words or less that describes your interest and accomplishments in biochemistry. Talking points might include a description of your research in biochemistry, biochemistry topics of interest to you, outreach efforts, how you’ve helped others reach their goals, and/or your career plans.
· Recipients must have a minimum GPA of a 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
· Recipients may be attending IU South Bend on a part-time or full-time basis, but must be taking at least 6 credit hours per semester.
· Recipients must be working toward a degree.
· Recipients must have completed one semester of a 2 semester organic chemistry course.
· Preference will be given to biochemistry majors.